Sunday, September 7, 2008

Peru 2008 · Day 1 · Lima!!

605am · Arrive in Lima, Peru!!!

Pre·arranged driver picked us up right outside of customs and wisked us to the Kamana Hotel where we got all checked in. Slick!

After the scheduled travel, we had breakfast, and went off to explore the beautiful (though a bit polluted) city of Lima!

Our favorite things so far have been associated with the San Francisco Monestary and Museum... there was an amazing procession as we first walked up. The actual cathedral was beautiful (along with all the other ones we saw today), but in addition to the normal churchy·type things, they have a Rome or Paris·style catacomb beneath, which was part of our tour!

The food has been amazing (much better than that of Brazil so far, in Harmony´s opinion), and we are taking advantage of our pre high·intensity time up in the mountains to eat, drink, walk, sight·see, eat, drink, walk, sight·see, repeat.

Oh, and did we mention that we´ve already sampled the famous local cocktail, the Pisco Sour. Tomorrow we may shift down to Inca·Kola, just to be safe! ;-) See photo below for further evidence... uhoh...









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous! Wish I was with you two... Harm, sorry I missed your call. Need to put a message on that # that I have a new phone number. But have a great time and have a Pisco sour for me! Jason and I were never brave enough to try the guinea pig while we were there, but the al pacca comes highly recommended from us!

Dana Specht said...

Sooooo cool!
I am bummer that I did not get a chance to talk to you pre trip-I hope that you continue to have a fantastic time! Do everything fun, ok? Can't wait to see you soon. :)